ABOUT GOOD RIVER GALLERY & HANNAH
I specialize in handmade jewelry, purses, glasswork and lampwork beads. I teach beadweaving and lampworking techniques, and many of my tutorials are available for purchase online.
I have been lampworking since 1992 and beadweaving since 1986. I have had the opportunity to meet and learn from some of the best beadmakers and flameworkers in the US. I began teaching both lampworking and beadweaving in 2000 and have taught at bead stores and bead societies across the US.
The last 6 years has been a whirlwind ride! In 2015 I taught for Bead & Button, at the International Society for Glass Beadmakers Gathering, and at Bead Societies and shops around the country. In 2014 I taught at the Best Bead Show in Tucson and at Bead & Button. In 2013 I taught at Bead & Button and at the International Society for Glass Beadmakers Gathering.
I am a Starman Beads Trendsetter for 2014, 2015 & 2016.
Awards & Honors
- 2015, 2009 – Semifinalist in the accessories category for Bead Dreams 2015 & in the lampwork category for Bead Dreams 2009
- 2015, 2013, 2012- Competed in the Battle of The Beadsmiths international beading contest.
- June 2015, 2014 & 2013 – Toho Bead Challenge participant. You can read details of the challenge and see the finished pieces here.
- December 2013 & 2014 – Orchid Bead photo published in The Flow Lampworking Magazine, Women in Glass 2013 edition. Octopus Pendant published in 10th annual The Flow Lampworking Magazine, Women in Glass 2014 edition.
- 2013-Present – Tutorials and images published in online lampworking magazine Soda Lime Times.
- March 2013 – Googleybird Tutorial Published in The Flow Lampworking Magazine.
- 2012 – Winner of the Birds of A Feather Contest sponsored by Good Quill Hunting Designs. You can purchase the winning piece here
- 2012 – First Place Winner in the Advanced Sculptural Division in the Treasures of Toho Contest for my Gaea’s Glass Slipper (photo right). You can see the shoe in the December 2012 issue of Bead & Button Magazine.
- 2011 – Neptune’s Tail Necklace won third place in the Bead and Jewelry category at the Vegas Craft Expo.
- 2010 – Marsha Hines and I showed a collaborative piece in the ISGB Convergence 2 show.
- 2009 – Second Place award for my bead embroidered collarpiece in the Treasures of Toho 2009 Contest. The Treasures of Toho necklace can be seen in the February 2010 issue of Bead & Button or you can see it here
My work has been shown at the Harwood Museum of Art gift shop and also at the Fetchin House Taos Museum of Art Gift Shop.
- What’s New at Good River Gallery?! (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)
- Treasures of Toho 2012 Contest News (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)
- Battle of the Beadsmiths (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)
- July News From Good River Gallery (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)
- Battle of the Beadsmiths Update (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)
- 1st ROUND PAIRINGS – BATTLE OF THE BEADSMITH (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)
- Preview on my piece for the Bead Soup Blog Party #7 (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)
- Bead and Button Class Updates… (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)