May 7, 2016
LONGS PEAK BEAD RETREAT
Posted by goodrivergallery under Bead
, bead retreat
Leave a Comment
|I got lots of questions about this retreat so I did a whole bunch of research and came up with some answers. See below…
Friday – Sunday, August 26 – 28, 2016
THE OVERALL WEBSITE:
A beadwork retreat in Allenspark, in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Colorado
Wendy Ellsworth (who I’ve been in awe of for a long time)
Anne Hesse (who you need to know if you don’t already – she’s wonderful)
Vicki Dyas (a fantastic gourd artist)
Bead Retreat Registration includes:
- Three days of class instruction with nationally renowned bead instructors, each from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. with lunch break
- Original bead designs by each instructor
- Gourmet lunches
- Goodie bags
- Whoo-hoo! I’ve started making lampwork for this already!
- Refreshments and beverages served throughout event
- Meet the Teachers Reception 5-7PM Thursday, August 25
Bead Retreat Registration DOES NOT include:
- Kit prices for the classes.
- Since we (the instructors) are taking care of kits, you’ll be paying us directly for the materials day-of class. You can read about the kit prices in the class descriptions.
- Airfare from your home to Denver
- Travel from Denver International Airport to the Retreat
- I suggest renting a car, although there is a shuttle available. A car will allow you to stay in Estes Park which is a little south of the retreat. Fortunately car rentals through Enterprise at the Denver airport are ridiculously cheap.
- It occurs to me that if folks are sharing a house (see below), you could also ride-share together and make the car rental even less expensive.
- There’s an adorable B&B walking distance to the retreat or…
- I found some really cute little cabins for rent when I did a Tripavisor search for Estes Park. The best one I found was for about $200/night and has 5 bedrooms and 4 baths. Vicki has promised to help retreat-goers contact one another to share lodging and something like this would make it only $40/night per person. Am I doing the math right there?
- The only challenge here is that the retreat is in peak season in CO. This means super pretty, but you’ll want to make reservations really soon.
- AirBnB is a wonderful way to travel, I’ve found. Ask me about this.
- Add-ons. Vicki is teaching a gourd class on Thursday and there’s also a park tour on Thursday. Friday night there is a concert at the Gallery.