I was all heck-bent on trying to finish up my Kalmbach Bead Soup Party Piece today.
The whole idea stemmed from Lori Anderson, who has hosted a “Bead Soup Blog Party” for a couple of years now. You can read about the original idea here: https://sites.google.com/site/beadsoupparty2012/. Anyhow, Lori has written a book based off her Blog Party called Bead Soup: 32 Projects Show What Happens When 26 Beaders Swap Their Stash. You can get it on Amazon. Its less than $14.00
This is my sixth installment on the series and I really just wanted to get the piece done and off to Kalmbach. However, I think I’ll get another photoshoot before I do that. You can see the finished piece below, but
I’m going to want a better shot before I put it up for sale and before I send it off to Kalmbach.
This piece ended up using one of my favorite color combos. Purple and orange look like a fantastic sunset but I haven’t named it yet. To finish it off, I had to complete the bead embroidery on the collar and then back it with ultrasuede and edge it. I also had to add the front piece and fringe it (of course). I know, this doesn’t have a lot of fringe on it for one of my pieces. I might go back and add more.
I have to tell you that while I was edging, I planned on adding the fringe at the same time but I was watching this silly show in which three guys compare three cars. I wouldn’t necessarily have stopped on the show except they were trying out these mini cars and it was ridiculous. To make it even more ridiculous, they took then hunting out in the Louisiana Bayou with some folks who lived down there and… well, you can imagine how that all turned out. I am embarrassed to admit that by the end of it my sides hurt because I was laughing so hard.
Its actually going to hang quite a bit lower on a person – below the neck, not around it. I’ll have to get my lovely model Danielle involved so you can really see it.
- Kalmbach Bead Soup Party – Day 5 (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)
- The Kalmbach Bead Soup Blog Party – day 3 (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)
- The Kalmbach Bead Soup Party! – part two (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)
- Kalmbach Bead Soup Party – day 4 (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)
- Kalmbach Bead Soup Party – day 3 (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)
- The Kalbach Bead Soup Party! (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)
- New Stuff from Hannah Rosner and Good River Gallery (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)