Pantone’s Color of the Year is Honeysuckle
Pantone suggests Honeysuckle will pair easily with the basics of black, navy, charcoal or light to mid gray. Also suggested are bronze greens.
If you are into bling, Swarovski has crystals of all shapes and sizes. Look for Indian Pink, Rose and Rose AB to add the Honeysuckle color.
For beadweaving, Look for Delicas® in these great Honeysuckle colors. All of them are available on the Caravan Beads online sales site (http://www.beadstogo.com). Just click on the links!
- ceylon color-lined raspberry ice (DB236)
- silver-lined pink (DB625)
- silver-lined frost dark rose (DB685)
- transparent matte dark fuchsia (DB775)
- transparent matte hot pink (DB778)
- color-lined hot pink (DB902)
- color-lined pink lipstick (DB914)
- transparent dark rose (DB1308)
- silver-lined dark pink (DB1338)
- silver-lined pink rose (DB1341)
- silver-lined dark rose (DB1342)
- opaque dark rose (DB1376)
If you haven’t used this color in your beadwork before, looks like this is the year to try. Never be afraid to try something new and don’t forget to do it with your own style.
Thanks to Julie Hunkar and Guide To Beadwork for this article.